If you’re just not “feeling it” today, don’t feel bad. It happens to all of us – even the greats. Sometimes when you are feeling discouraged at work, you looked for something that can motivate and encourage you to go through. Every once in a while we need some motivation to level up our lives.
1. “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.” – Pearl S. Buck
We need to know that we are good at what we do. When we know we are good at what we do, we are excited to work at it some more and have greater positive energy for our work. Everyone enjoys doing the kind of work for which he is best suited.
2. “When you form a team, why do you try to form a team? Because teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed.” – Russel Honore
The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team. Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability. You can do better with your team than you can alone.
3. “A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it.” – Alistair Cook
It is not contradictory to have an enduring passion about one’s career and not feel like engaging in that passion at a particular moment. Professionalism has nothing to do with the profession — it’s all about the person. It’s not the job you do; it’s how you do the job.
4. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
Nobody can be successful if he doesn’t love his job. Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
5. “The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today.” – Elbert Hubbard
Strive for excellence. Nothing breeds enthusiasm like a job well done. If you’ve allowed yourself to ease off when it comes to your work standards, redouble efforts to do things according to your highest level of excellence.
6. “Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things.” – Byron Dorgan
Smart work is the concept that says, if you work more productively you can complete a task in 2 hours that would need 10 hours if you just “did” it. You don’t have to make yourself miserable to be successful. It’s natural to look back and mythologize the long nights and manic moments of genius, but success isn’t about working hard, it’s about working smart.
Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last. We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals.