Bob Marley was indeed a legend. He inspires people not only by his music but also by his quotes of life and love. We have compiled some of them below, read and feel free to share!
1. “You can fool some of the people all the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.” -Bob Marley
You can’t fool everyone, all the time. You maybe able to fool them once, or even twice. But not all of the time. You are never able to fool anyone all the time. You can’t fool everyone, all the time. There will always be someone you can’t fool.
2. “Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.” – Bob Marley
When times are tough it’s easy to get caught up in worry and dread, and think that it’s not going to turn out well. But everything was alright, is alright, and will be alright, it’s just a matter of getting yourself to believe it. Getting down to every little thing, is the part that really drives this home. Not just the big picture will be alright, but all of the details as well. Believe it!
3. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
It just means that people will hurt you, no matter what. They will put you through pain and make you suffer. You just have to find those who’re going to make the suffering worthwhile. We choose the ones worth suffering for! It’s not a voluntary action, always.
4. “When one door is closed, don’t you know that many more are open.” – Bob Marley
It’s not just one door that opens, but many. There are always more opportunities to be had, so you don’t need to feel too invested in any one thing. It’s a bit limiting to think that only one door opens when one closes, and much more liberating to think that in fact there are several more opportunities for each one that doesn’t work out.
5. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain, Live for others and you will live again!” – Bob Marley
You’ll seldom experience regret for anything that you’ve done. It is what you haven’t done that will torment you. The message, therefore, is clear. Do it! Develop an appreciation for the present moment. Seize every second of your life and savor it. Value your present moments. Using them up in any self-defeating ways means you’ve lost them forever.
6. “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.” – Bob Marley
Keep fighting, no matter what battle you’re in. Battles come in all shapes and sizes and each of us fights our own. Sometimes it’s tempting to just stop fighting and give in, or to let someone take advantage of you because it’s too much effort to stand up for yourself. But this is saying not to be passive when it comes to your rights, or your fight.